Here are my current traditions in no particular order (which will be crossed off when each one is completed):
Making candied/caramel applesCompleted 10/7 Having a horror movie marathonCompleted 10/7 Attending a friend's Halloween partyCompleted 10/26 Drinking hot spiked cider (Not applicable when I'm pregnant, obviously!)Completed 10/26 Drinking hot/cold cider (Applicable anytime!)Completed 9/16 Watching anything related to Elvira (she's so cool!)Completed 9/28 Dressing up in multiple costumesCompleted 10/25
- Going trick or treating (with friends or with Evelyn) This didn't happen due to Evelyn and I being extremely sick. The thought is depressing.
Enjoying a Halloween edition of a regular candyCompleted 9/28
- Honoring my ancestors with incense, lighting a candle, silently praying, and offering honey afterward The full rituals I have been planning have been put on hold until I'm feeling better. They will probably take place around my anniversary. I have been offering prayers by fires, in the meantime.
Participating in All Hallow's ReadCompleted 10/7 (We celebrated early on Misgivings Day! How awesome is that? ;3 )
- Participating in trick or treating for UNICEF We may or may not be able to do this, all depends on Evelyn getting better. :/ UNICEF is accepting donations late due to Hurricane Sandy's destruction.
Checking out a seasonal Halloween storeCompleted 10/30 Wearing a vibrant colored wigCompleted 10/15 Wearing various over-the-top makeup looks for the hell of itCompleted 10/23 Scaring people whenever possible by creeping up on themCompleted 10/22 Enjoying a Sam Adam's seasonal beerCompleted 9/24 Reading scary stories online or in book formCompleted 9/26
- Making a sugar skull Going to make these on November 1st or during mine and Ian's wedding anniversary.
Consuming something pumpkin flavoredCompleted 9/25 Drinking hot chocolate while wrapped in a blanket with a fire started in the fireplaceCompleted 9/22
- Watching a foreign horror movie
- Creating a hypersigil I have created the hypersigil, and hopefully going to fire it for Dia de Los Muertos.
Listen to Gothic/Halloween inspired musicCompleted 9/15/Technically all year round! Watch The Kingdom of Witches to get into Halloween mood(totally awesome Youtube video worth the watch! I have been watching this since it was first released. I will put up a post on it tomorrow!) Completed 9/29