This is the fear that I have probably have dealt with the longest, since it started when I was around three.
Ian has been one of the only people I have admitted this to, so here it goes: Back when I was younger, I could see spirits plain as day. They have been more difficult to spot since I have gotten older. I have been super sensitive around spirits. I can sense their presence more than anything else. I don't know how this came to be, but it happened and was here to stay.
I heavily dislike watching movies that are about spirits, and try to avoid them as much as possible. They scare me more than zombie movies do a good portion of the time.
Memorable spirits I have seen in my life:
- "Tom" (a.k.a. the dead guy whose remains were found underneath my parents house in the crawl space)
- The old lady that resides in my parents' bathroom mirror
- The old man with the piercing stare (this guy kept coming back to my parents' house a lot. He freaked me right the hell out on multiple occasions. I clearly see him every time he shows up)
- The shadow spirit of a boy that resides in my parents' bedroom
- The shadow spirits that roam the Finch house (especially the ones that like to hangout near my side of the bedroom)
- A lady with a nearly decapitated head around the Finch living room sitting by the fireplace
- A little girl sitting on curb near 8th Street downtown
- A lady with a red dress in the hotel room in Winnemucca
- My grandpa on my mom's side
- Van, my half brother
Have you had any experiences with spirits? If so, was the experience negative or positive. Post your comments below! Thanks! x