Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Giving Tuesday

I'm really glad that a day like this was put into effect. I love helping people out.

Here are some great charities, organizations, and movements that are near and dear to my heart (besides the ones I have already mentioned in this blog so far. Check previous posts, especially if they deal with bats):

  • Girl Scouts (I have mentioned this group all the time, but I haven't actually posted up the link), or more specifically, the Girl Scouts of the Silver Sage Council-I was involved in the Girl Scouts for a long time. I learned a bunch of awesome stuff from this group, and got to travel everywhere. Such good times. It wasn't too long ago, actually, that I was recently accepted into the Alumni group. I will always hold Troop #551 close. Many of us have kept in contact to this day.
  • Heifer International-It's always awesome to help someone become self sufficient, especially if they are less than fortunate and need to help feed their families. This organization helps people by providing services by how much you donate. You can help feed a family for weeks with help from an cute animal, for example.
  • Ian Somerhalder Foundation-Not only is this guy from TVD pretty hot, but he also has a big heart and a passion to help others.
  • World Wildlife Fund-I am a sucker for helping wild animals.
  • ASPCA-I'm also a sucker for helping abused and neglected animals.
  • Pictures of Hope Foundation-I love this group of photographers that help photograph families with a baby in the NICU. I've had several friends have a baby go straight to the NICU after they were born. This foundation really hit it close to home for me, especially when a volunteer stayed with one of my friends who had a premie. A project I plan on taking a part of when Evelyn becomes older.
  • Dog Meets World-I plan on participating in this when I receive my Foto plushie and portable printer. This organization uses photographers that help provide unfortunate people for a picture for the first time.
  • Operation Love ReUnited-I love this group so much. Yet another group I want to be apart of. This group takes photographers, and makes the photographers take pictures of military personnel and their families. Not going to lie-I've teared up whenever I've witnessed a person from the military reuniting with their loved ones. This group really hits close to home.
  • Help Portrait-Another project I want to be involved with. On December 8th, photographers will get involved with their communities, supporting personal causes.
  • TED-These ideas are really worth spreading. I love the talks from this site. Thank you, Mr. Zimmerman, for introducing this to me while I was at SHC. It really changed my life. I plan on using this site when I homeschool Evelyn.
  • Women Hold Up Half The Sky-This group empowers women and girls to be awesome, no matter what part of the world they're from.
  • Human Rights Campaign-Everyone should be treated as equals, no matter if they're LGBTQ or not.
  • It Gets Better Project-No kid should have to be bullied and commit suicide because they're different.
  • American Institute of Bisexuality-Growing up bi had it's challenges. This group hits close to home.
This list is just a taste of what I love. More organizations I love will be posted next year around this time, and scattered throughout my blog throughout the year to come (since everyone should be helping out more than one day a year!). ^w^

No comments:

Post a Comment