Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Chill Vibe

Today was pretty laid back, for the most part.

Way earlier into the day, most of the boys around here couldn't sleep, so we watched Thankskilling and Hausu. The boys wanted to watch Trolls 2 (to make fun of it), but I won in a heated game of Ro Sham Bo.

Short, but sweet, review of Thankskilling:
Awful. Just awful. The only redeeming quality of that movie is one song that plays. That's it. I don't recommend it, unless you're drunk off your ass. The storyline is jumbled and rushed so bad, and the dialogue is terrible. Also, the use of nudity only made sense in one point of the movie. The other scene where nudity is shown is completely uncalled for and tasteless.

After we watched Hausu, Brett just bolted out of the room and slammed his door. Later on, while we were eating leftovers, he said that he didn't like it. I just can't believe that he said that Thankskilling was better than both Hausu and Trick 'r Treat.

Complete blasphemy, I say. I know a bunch of others that would agree with me wholeheartedly. Hausu was created in the 70's, for one, and is loved to the point of being part of The Criterion Collection. Only awesome old movies can be apart of The Criterion Collection. Trick 'r Treat is also a fan favorite globally, and has been deemed a new classic.

Connor, on the other hand, was actually freaked out. I think he liked Hausu, but didn't want to say anything around Brett.

Whoever put the fake flower above Logan's door was a genius. It seriously creeped me out when I spotted it. I suspect Brett put it there just to screw with people. Ian is a close second guess.

The next part of the morning involved cuddle time with Ian and a bunch of needed sleep. I got a good six hours of uninterrupted sleep, for once.

After one in the afternoon, we headed over to the library to pick up some books that I had on reserve. I sincerely wish that I hadn't slept in on Saturday so that I could pick up my books then. I have no idea if one of the books I really wanted to read was checked out. I plan on checking on the library site after this post.

The next part of the day consisted of leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner, more sleep, and more reading of Wicked.

So yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment